VETiS (Vocational Education and Training in Schools) – FIAFitnation’s schools-based fitness program.
Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) is a learning pathway that enables students to gain nationally recognised qualifications while still at school and allows students to explore a potential career path in a field of their interest.
VETiS provides students with the opportunity to engage in education and training which may lead to employment and/or further study, and to learn skills and knowledge required for specific industries.
School students in Year 11 or Year 12, with an interest in the health and fitness industry, are eligible for the FIAFitnation VETiS program. The course is completed online in the classroom along with a practical assessment on campus or via video.
FIAFitnation is Australia’s longest running fitness education provider with over 45 combined years’ experience. Completing the VETiS program through FIAFitnation will provide students who are interested in the health and fitness industry with:
- Access to quality educators and trainers
- Practical workplace experience
- An understanding of workplace operations
- Employability skills
- Developed interpersonal skills
- Flexible study options
- First-rate course material, including video content and downloadable units
- Assessment graded within 7-14 working days
- Dedicated student support from the VET Coordinator with all questions answered within 1 working day.
- Webinars can also be offered directly with our Trainers and Assessors at the request of the VET coordinator/student support
- Campus practical offered at one of our campus
FIAFitnation has three modern campus locations in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. All campuses are centrally located and are easily accessible via public transport.
FIAFitnation’s VETiS program offers diploma and certificate qualifications, as well as a large range of specialised short courses. Students will be guided by industry professionals with a wealth of technical knowledge and applied experience; the team of educators and instructors includes Exercise Physiologists, Sports Scientists, Physiotherapists and Nutritionists.
Become a Fitness Instructor
Plant your foot firmly on the gym floor with the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness, your pathway into the fitness industry. Learn about anatomy and physiology, how to plan and deliver group classes and work with older clients. This is your starting point in the fitness industry.
- Give general advice in a gym environment
- Learn more about your own training
- Work as a gym instructor leading small group sessions
- Work on a gym floor
- Work as a group exercise instructor
- Total tuition cost: $799
- Duration: 12 – 18 months
- Campus Locations: Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. With the option to submit all practical evidence by a video submission without having to attend a campus.
- Gym Instructor
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Older Adult Instructor
- Have completed Australian Year 10 or equivalent; OR
- Achieve an Exit Level 2 score and working at level 3 within the Australian Core Skills Framework assessments in literacy and numeracy, which will show that you have the capability to be successful in the course. This is done through two short tests as a part of your enrolment process.
- If under the age of 18, a parental consent needs to be completed and submitted with the enrolment application in line with the Admissions Policy. Please refer to our admission policy for further details.
At an additional cost HLTAID003 Provide first aid is a requirement to complete the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness.
Study on campus
HLTAID003 Provide first aid: You will have the option to complete HLTAID003 Provide first aid directly with FIAFitnation for an additional cost of $100, or you can source an external provider.
As a campus-based student you will also have the added convenience of access to FIAFitnation’s industry leading online learning platform. Via the online platform, you will be able to review your lecture slides, complete your subject readings, and watch recorded lectures. You will also complete your theoretical exams online.
FIAFitnation combine a variety of educational and technological tools to provide an outstanding online student experience. These include:
- Asynchronous Learning: Students determine the pace of their own studies
- Online Trainers: Students will be held accountable to their studies through their online trainer, who will also motivate students to complete their courses
- Interactive Assessments: Combining the latest in technology to advanced means of assessment, which includes videos, multi-choice, drag and drop, labelling, and more!
- The course will be completed within 12-18 months
Online students must complete a 15-hour workplace internship with a gym instructor of their choice. This internship is a pre-requisite for attendance at the practical assessment. Online students must also attend a practical assessment, with the option of attending on a Tuesday and Wednesday, or a Saturday and Sunday. Please see the calendar for further information. You will need to complete HLTAID003 Provide first aid. This is provided on each of our campuses.
Students will be required to complete a series of online assessment for each unit of study. These assessments come in the form of multiple choice, short answer assessments and case studies.
Students must complete HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
The SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness requires completion of 30 hours of workplace activity.
As an online student, you will be required to complete a 15-hour workplace internship prior to attendance at the two-day practical assessment (described above) to support you in the completion of this assessment task. This internship will require experience in client screening, gym inductions and group exercise delivery. Internships can be completed at a local gym close. The mentor who will work with the student to deliver the workplace training must meet the following requirements:
- Qualified to a minimum of Certificate III in Fitness level
- More than 6 months of experience in the industry
- Current insurance
- Current first aid qualification
- Must work within a gym setting
- Hold a current Working with Children certificate
The internship can be offered at the school location if the school has the minimum equipment required to conduct workplace training. Practical two-day assessment will be held at your local FIAFitnation campus (provide a link to calendar), with qualified Trainers and Assessors who hold a current working with children certificate.