If you have already studied a qualification or degree, or are currently studying one, you may be eligible for advanced standing towards a FIAFitnation qualification reducing your study time and cost.
Credit Transfer or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) are the processes used to identify advanced standing. Common scenarios for students seeking an educational pathway into FIAFitnation are:
- You’ve completed selected subjects but withdrew from a course at another University or institution and wish to be granted credit for the completed subjects.
- You’ve completed a VET qualification (Certificate IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma) at another institution and are seeking credit.
- You’ve been working for many years in a particular industry or practice area and are seeking recognition for your experience towards a degree.
If one of these scenarios describes your situation, you may be eligible for advance standing towards a FIAFitnation qualification.
Types of advanced standing
Recognition of formal study
- Credit transfer VET studies (Certificate IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma), partial or complete, undertaken within the past three years with a registered training organisation.
- Higher Education (HE) studies, partial or complete, undertaken within the past three years through a University or private HE provider.
Recognition of informal learning
- Work activity in a relevant industry that can be demonstrated with tangible evidence from within the last three years, or qualifications that may have been completed more than three years ago with relevant activity in the industry within the last three years to demonstrate currency of knowledge.
Before you can apply for advanced standing towards your chosen degree please get in touch with our Admissions team who can check your eligibility to study and provide further guidance.
Credit Transfer & RPL Application
If you have completed any recent VET or Higher Education qualifications in Australia and would like to apply for advanced standing, please complete a Credit Transfer & RPL Application.
First Aid credit
If you need to apply for a credit transfer for your First Aid competency, please complete a Credit Transfer Form – First Aid and send it along with your HLTAID003 statement of attainment.
Higher Education pathways
FIAFitnation is a part of the Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd, an education company that includes the following higher education providers in Australia:
We share an Educational Pathway department with Endeavour to help you understand how to:
- Combine courses across the institutions to create your dream career
- Gain credit for a previous qualification or recognition of prior learning
- Transfer credits from university to a vocational course
- Seek recognition for industry work experience.
The Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd supports continuous learning from Vocational Education Training (VET) to Higher Education (HE) and vice versa.
Appealing a Decision
If the Applicant thinks the Credit Transfer process was not handled in accordance with FIA Fitnation’s Educational Pathways policies, they may appeal the outcome through the College grievance process. Refer to Grievance Policy.