Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A and antioxidants and sweet potato is a great source of fibre as well as iron, calcium and vitamin B and C. Above all else, they’re filling and hearty making them the perfect ingredients for a warm winter soup.
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil/coconut oil
- 3 cups pumpkin cut into chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into chunks
- Any other vegetables that you have hanging out in the fridge that needs to be used up.
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. brown rice miso (the dark one)
- 1- 1.5L chicken stock (homemade if you have) or water
- Place pumpkin and sweet potato pieces on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes at 180ºC and set aside.
- On the stove top in a large pot, add 1 tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil and fry onions until nearly clear (approximately 5 mins) then add cumin and chilli powder.
- Add roasted vegetables and stock to pot and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add some water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Add the miso at the end and stir through.
- Blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Serve with a sprig of parsley.