Containing cocoa, an antioxidant-rich ingredient combined with wholesome almonds, dates and tahini, these bliss balls will keep you fuller for longer whilst satisfying your sweet tooth.
Makes: 20 | Prep time: 10 mins
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates or soaked dried dates*
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup raw organic cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tbs coconut oil or ¼ cup of reserved date water
- 1 tbs raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs nut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbs tahini
- Blend almonds in a food processor for about 5 minutes
- Add dates, cacao, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, tahini and cacao nibs and blend until the mixture starts to come together
- Roll mixture into bite-size balls and roll in desiccated coconut
- Refrigerate (can also be frozen)
If you use dried dates, soak them in hot water for 5-10 minutes to soften, then drain. Keep some of the water to use to adjust bliss ball consistency.
Learn more about nutrition as well as how to create your own recipes with FIAFitnation’s nutrition courses.