As a Remedial Massage student you will gain a wealth of theoretical knowledge and practical experience that will put you in good stead when you complete your course. This course gives you the skills you need to become a qualified remedial massage therapist and opens the door to a wide range of career options – both Australia-wide and globally.
The course will cover a range of topics that include client assessment, relaxation massage, anatomy and physiology, injury prevention and management, and running your own massage business.
Outcomes of this HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage course include:
- Ability to assess posture, muscular imbalances and mobility using recognised testing protocols
- Understanding of remedial massage treatments to improve movement, manage pain and enhance recovery from exercise
- Practical skills in the running of a massage business and practice
- Implementation of injury prevention strategies for clients engaging in sport and exercise
- Skills in catering massage services for specific population groups including pregnant clients, the elderly and athletes
- Engagement with other medical and allied health professionals
Graduates of the HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage may apply for membership with the following professional associations:
Please note: This course is not approved by CRICOS for international students studying in Australia.